Do you love tzatziki ? Could you just eat it by the pound? I know I sure could!! If you love tzatziki but find making it a hassle, try this super simple cucumber salad. Get your greek garlic fix with just 6 minutes of prep time! Not to mention that each serving contains an impressive 5g of protein! YES! A side salad with a protein kick is a pretty great deal for a vegetarian.
- 1 x english cucumber or 3 x baby cucumbers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 – 1 clove of minced garlic (Adjust your garlic proportions to how much you want to repel vampires!)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp olive olive
- 100 g (roughly 7 tbsp) of greek yogurt (2%)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt lots of freshly ground pepper
- Chop cucumbers into little pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for minimum one hour.
Makes 2 side servings.
I should mention that if you’ve never made actual tzatziki at home, it’s not really THAT difficult. You use the same basic ingredients but it requires a little extra prep time. You’ll have to drain the yogurt, peel and shred the cucumbers, and let it refrigerate for longer. I love making yogurt tzatziki because it’s a low fat dip alternative. Swap your chips for veggies and voila!