Hey folks, I just want to say thank you for all the sharing and caring that has been happening over the internet these past 24 hours! My stats are slowly rising! The better my stats, the more motivated I am to keep cooking, blogging and sharing my passion. As a thank you, I’d like to offer you my super simple recipe to my favourite snacking food of all time: KALE CHIPS!
Why kale chips?
- Healthiest alternative to potato chips EVER!
- Really tasty.
- Easy to prepare.
- Packed with vitamins A, C, K, magnesium, calcium, iron and it’s a super antioxidant. Read more about its health benefits of kale on health ambition.
My super simple kale chip recipe:
- 1 bunch of kale (approx. 3 handfuls)
- 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/8 tsp of salt ( be really careful not to over salt, it will ruin them)
- 1/8 cup olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Wash kale throughly (Try vinegar bath to wash veggies)
- Dry completely with salad spinner / towel.* Must be COMPLETELY dry or it won’t crisp up in the oven.*
- Rip the leaves off stems into bite size pieces (size of potato chips).
- Discard stems.
- Add kale and remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly using your hands. You want all the little folds to be covered in a fine layer of olive oil and spices.
- Lay all the kale out flat over a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Checking occasionally to make sure they don’t burn.
Baking tips: Small kale pieces may turn into kale chips more quickly than their larger counterparts. For the best results, pull the chips out of the oven after 15 minutes and remove the smaller pieces that are already dry. Then, check the larger chips as they cook. As with most baking endeavours, it’s a narrow window between perfectly cooked and burnt, so check them often! Finally, never raise heat over 250°F/120°C.