A vegan chocolate frosting recipe that is incredibly simple and so delicious. Forget about storebought frosting when you can make this amazing dessert topping that will keep you coming for more.
Make sure you buy high-quality full-fat coconut milk for the best results. You can tell you have quality coconut milk when the fat separates at room temperature. Poke through the fatty layer to make pouring easier.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting with Coconut Milk (Vegan/GF)
- 2 cups semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or 400 ml
- Place chocolate in a large heat resistant bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk boil, then pour over chocolate.
- Stir the mixture until well incorporated and smooth. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 2 hours. Or cool in the fridge, removing every 10 minutes to stir for about 30 minutes. The ganache should be room temperature before frost your desserts.