I love salads especially when they are healthy and hearty. This Mediterranean style salad is a treat with lots of crunchy veggies. It has a rich creamy sauce, made with low fat ingredients. CREAMY & LOW FAT! How can it be? I did say LOW fat, not no FAT, so don’t get too excited. I love this salad as a main dish or as a side with some roasted potatoes, falafel or pita. The radish & celery give TANG, then kick in the cucumbers for a big CRUNCH!
Makes: 1 main dish, 2 sides
- 5 – 7 radishes thinly sliced.
- 1 baby cucumber or 1/2 english cucumber sliced.
- 2 celery stalks sliced.
- 2 – 3 artichokes hearts (canned or jarred) chopped in fours.
- 4 green onions sliced.
- 1 tomato chopped.
- 5 Kalamata olives
- 5 thin slices of feta cheese
- 1/2 head or roughly 2 – 3 big handfuls of romaine lettuce
Creamy dill dressing:
**Makes enough for 2 salads**
- 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of 0% fat greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pinches of dill (I use both combined or separate depending on how much I have in my garden. Fresh is always yummier!).
This dressing is enough for two salads or one salad heavily dressed so add on a little bit at a time and mix well. Serve with Fresh black pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan (if you’re in the mood).
With salads, I like to improvise based on what I have in the fridge. Feel free to changed the proportion of veggies based on your likes & dislikes.