`This rich strawberry flavoured chia seed pudding is not only loaded with health benefits but is super scrumptious and easy to prepare. The texture is a cross between creamed coconut and strawberry jello, sweetened by none other than Quebec maple syrup.
As you may have heard, chia seeds have been coined a superfood that – much like flax – can provide omega 3 fatty acids. They are loaded with fibre and contain quite a bit of protein so it’s no wonder that chia seed recipes foods have been popping up all over the blogosphere. Although this dessert is a “healthy” alternative to your average sweet temptation, you really shouldn’t eat it till the cow’s come home. One serving is more than enough to tickle your senses and satisfy your desire to indulge.
One serving provides you with over 30 grams of fat, hence why you shouldn’t overdo it. That being said, these are considered good fats the same as in nuts and avocados. Luckily the sugar count is low for a dessert at about 10 grams per serving. I am mentioning the fat and sugar content because often people see the term healthy and think that gives them an all you can eat carte blanche. This is a healthy dessert but dessert is meant to be a treat! So treat yo’ self the right way and grab those healthy perks at the same time!
Strawberry Cream Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Handful kiwis diced for topping, (optional)
- Handful almonds chopped for topping, (optional)
- Handful chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Combine frozen strawberries, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a blender, blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine blended mixture and chia seeds, mix well.
- Place ingredients in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and separate into 4 - 6 portions.
- Top with kiwis, almonds, chocolate chips or your choice of topping.